As a design studio whose work includes apps for children under the age of 13, Extraordinary Facility follows best practices as specified by the “Know What’s Inside” program and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). This policy was last updated on December 15th, 2019.
Apps published by Extraordinary Facility have:
• No in-app purchases
• No third-party advertising
• No collection or sharing of personal information
Non-personal data collection
There is no account signup process in any of Extraordinary Facility’s apps, and Extraordinary Facility doesn’t collect any personally identifiable information about the users of its apps. It does collect non-personal usage statistics to help improve its apps.
Why collect any information inside an app?
Collecting non-personal usage statistics, also called analytics, helps Extraordinary Facility improve its apps. For example, analytics can help illustrate which parts of an app are more popular than others, or where users have difficulty, or if the app crashes.
What kinds of information does Extraordinary Facility collect?
• The type of device and operating system version used.
• The country the app is being used in.
• Crash reports, to help identify problems.
• How many times an app has been opened.
• How long an app is used for.
• Which screens, modes and characters are played with, how often, and for how long.
How this is done
Extraordinary Facility uses Apple’s analytics tools. You can read more about them here.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please get in touch.